Recent Results

Sehwag after double-ton said God on my side

"I never expected to score a double hundred. While opening the innings, I told Gautam Gambhir that if we can show some patience on this track, we will be in for a big one as the wicket is a good one. The outfield is fantastic and the distance of the boundary is only 50 yards," Sehwag said after his epic knock of 219 off just 149 balls against the West Indies.

The dashing opener said that once the batting powerplay started, the thought of reaching double hundred crossed his mind.

"It was only after the batting powerplay started, I felt that I could reach double hundred. Also when Sammy dropped me (at 170), I knew that God was with me," Sehwag stated.

He thanked his family and thousands of fans who had always had the expectation that he can score a double hundred in ODIs.

"I want to thank my family and fans. I know people expected me to score a double century. Today when I wanted to hit a six, I just did that."

Sehwag said that he was determined to make amends for the string of poor scores in the first three ODIs.

"I have said this earlier also that the top-order needs to contribute. It was a wicket where one could score big runs if he stayed around for 30 overs."

The historic knock certainly seemed to have taken a toll on Sehwag as he smiled and said: "Obviously, I am very tired. I am an old man now and my back gets stiff. So I need to take an ice bath."

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments:

Post a Comment